New CT Scan arrives at “Salam” Centre for Cardiac Surgery

The Salam Center in Khartoum offers high quality assistance to patients with congenital and acquired surgical diseases .
75% of the patients are sudanese, whereas the remaining 25% are coming from Chad, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Burundi, Demoratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea.
Since its opening in 2007, more than 8,000 patients have been operated at Salam Centre. 2,354 of them were children, mainly Sudanese; 1,138, corresponding to 56% of total children, suffered from Rheumatic Heart Disease.
With the new CT scan, numbers will increase more and more allowing the diagnosis of cerebral ischemia, intracerebral hemorrhage and acute respiratory diseases in line with the approach Leave No One Behind

Posted in .